Ms P Designs USA got started with publishing quilt patterns in August, 2015. This post visits all of the designs that we published that year. If you’d like to purchase a pattern, click the quilt picture to visit our Ms P Pattern shop.
- “A Day at the Zoo” is the first quilt pattern that we published, back in 2015. It is still one of our favorites! We wanted to include a variety of the most popular zoo animals, so it was not an easy choice when deciding who to draw because we both have so many favorite animals!
- Our second design was “Safari!”. Each of us made a quilt using different fabrics. Susan’s appliques are finished by hand with a blanket stitch. Sharon uses a machine blanket stitch for her applique blocks. Wouldn’t it be fun to go on a safari and see all of these fabulous creatures!
- “Down on the Farm” is another of our favorite designs, since it brings back childhood memories of our family farm in Montana. We kept many, but not all, of these animals on our farm and we kids thought of them as our special friends.
- Our next stop was “Down Under” with a visit to Australia. This quilt features a fleet of paper pieced jeeps, a.k.a. “utes”, Sharon’s first original paper piecing design. We really enjoyed learning about the lifestyles of Australia’s unique wildlife species.
- At this point, we went back to the farm but this time it was a “Fancy Farm”, with pretty floral garlands on a white picket fence! Although some of the animal patterns are repeated from our first “Down on the Farm” quilt, there are a few new animals that were introduced in this design.
- We decided to make our next quilt using animals who inhabit the icy polar regions. The “Polar” quilt also has lovely appliqued snowflakes and hearts to complete the design.
As you can see, 2015 was a very busy year for us! We hope that you enjoyed seeing all of the quilts that we made.