Our design style has taken a more whimsical turn in the quilts that we made in 2017. We’ve had such fun! If you’d like to purchase any of these patterns, just click the quilt photo to visit Ms P’s Pattern Shop!
- Our first quilt of the year was our “Pirates Adventure” quilt pattern. This band of mischievous pirates are accompanied by a treasure map, a pirate ship, and a treasure chest full of booty. Haaaarrrr! Susan and Sharon each created a “Pirates” quilt, shown below.
Next on our list were several easy baby quilts, each featuring a giant appliqued animal! Each of these little beauties would be appropriate for a beginning quilter, since the applique pieces are large and the piecing is simple.
- This cute Asian elephant with easy pieced blocks, with optional flower, heart, or star appliques can be personalized if you wish!
- This adorable African elephant is surrounded by pretty flowers and a pieced border made from 2 1/2″ strips.
- Another version of the African elephant quilt, this one with star appliques, makes a great gift for your superstar!
- A gi-normous giraffe, with coloful double 4-patch borders, is sew much fun to make.
- Now, just for dog-lovers, our “Puppy Park” quilts! These adorable puppies just want to play at the park. Sharon’s quilt features boy puppies and colorful balloons.
- Susan’s quilt has beautiful flowers and adorable little girl puppies!
- Our 2017 Christmas quilt is all about the “Nutcracker Ballet” and the dancers are animals, of course.
- Halloween is another fun holiday, so we decided that several of the animals would enjoy getting all dressed up and going out for trick-or-treating! The applique blocks are enhanced by paper pieced “Wonky Log Cabin” blocks, and set off by a film strip border treatment.
- Colorful jungle animals and brilliant pieced flowers make for a “Jumpin’ Jungle” quilt. We chose thirteen amazing animals from the Amazon rain forest and brought them to “life” in fabric. The quick-pieced flowers make a vibrant setting for these interesting animals.
- Our next quilt project for 2017 was another easy baby quilt pattern, featuring the ever-lovable and dainty Hippopotamus Ballerina! Surrounded by flower & heart garlands and easy paper pieced hearts, she’s ready to dance her way into your heart!
- Our final quilt for 2017 is called “Wild Bunch Band”, designed with the music-lover in mind. The band members are animals, each ready to perform with their musical instruments. What fun we’ve had this year!