Hi Fellow Quilters!
I hope that you’re having a lovely weekend. Thanks for stopping by for our Quick Quilted Christmas Gifts series! Today we’re going to make two fast & easy gifts. I can’t take credit for either idea, but wanted to share them because they are easy, quick, and super-cute!
Idea #6: Coasters and Reindeer and Gift Certificates, Oh My!
Easy folded fabric coasters
Wouldn’t these make great gifts for neighbors or co-workers? Wrap up a set to give, along with some yummy baked treats.
For a set of four coasters:
1. Cut four 4″ by 4″ squares each of three different fabrics and eight 4″ by 4″ squares of the fourth fabric.
2. Fold one square of each fabric in half diagonally and press. (Photo A)
3. Layer the folded squares (triangles) as shown. Place a flat fabric square under the layered triangles, matching the edges and pinning to keep the layers in place. (Photo B)
4. Sew with a 1/4″ seam, all around the edges of the square. Turn right side out and press flat. (Photo C)
6. Repeat steps 2-4 to make the rest of the coasters.
Reindeer wine cork ornaments
Yes, I realize that these little guys aren’t quilted. I didn’t use a single piece of fabric or take even one stitch to make them, but they are absolutely too ADORABLE and I just HAD to share them with you today! I made several of these sweet little guys to give to my co-workers and neighbors, along with some home-baked goodies. (And I couldn’t resist making a small herd to keep for myself too.) They look so festive, just standing around here & there in my family room.
These are really fun & easy to make too! I found this great YouTube video that shows how, step by step. I (mostly) followed the directions on the video, and I love the way my finished reindeer turned out.
I hope that you’re inspired to create something wonderful for your favorite people! Thanks again for visiting.