Hi Quilting Friends,
We LOVE to surprise our friends, neighbors, and loved ones with special hand-made Christmas gifts, but time is running short. Just two more weeks and the “big day” will be here. Today’s post features a quick and easy idea that you can whip together in an afternoon, assuming that you have some fabric squares. (We certainly have plenty of those!)
Wouldn’t a set of these pretty coasters make a great gift for your neighbor or co-worker? Wrap up a set to give, along with some yummy baked treats or a favorite beverage.
For a set of four coasters:
1. Cut four 4″ by 4″ squares each of three different fabrics and eight 4″ by 4″ squares of the fourth fabric.
2. Fold one square of each fabric in half diagonally and press.
3. Layer the folded squares (triangles) as shown. Place a flat fabric square under the layered triangles, matching the edges and pinning to keep the layers in place.
4. Sew with a 1/4″ seam, all around the edges of the square. Clip the corners to reduce bulk, and then turn right side out and press flat.
6. Repeat steps 2-4 to make the rest of the coasters.
We hope that your holiday preparations are in order, but don’t let the busy-ness of the season become overwhelming. Take a few minutes every day to do something that you enjoy! Take a walk, have a relaxing bath, listen to some music, or do whatever makes YOU happy. You deserve it.
Susan & Sharon
Keep in Touch!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter, “Ms P’s News” to be among the first to hear about new designs, announcements, and blog happenings.