Hi Quilting Friends,
Welcome to day 3 of our Twelve Days of Christmas blog series! We hope that you’ve enjoyed seeing our projects so far.
Today’s quick and easy project is a cute appliqued tea towel, perfect for any Christmas kitchen.
I used a half yard of snowflake-print fabric, along with scraps of coordinating prints for the tea towel border. Here’s how:
- Cut the half-yard piece lengthwise, to make two pieces 18″ x 22″.
- Cut two scraps for the border, one at 3″ x 18″ and the other at 1.5″ x 18″.
- Fold the narrow strip in half crosswise and press.
- Layer the narrow strip on top of the wider strip, matching the raw edges.
- Sew both strips to the narrow end of one of the 18″ x 22″ pieces.
- Trim the opposite end of the rectangle to reduce the length to 18″.
- Add a cute applique to decorate the towel.
- Sew the second 18″ x 22″ fabric to edges of the tea towel, right sides together, leaving an opening for turning it right side out.
- Turn the towel right side out and give it a good press.
- Whip stitch the opening to finish.
- Ta da! Is it time for tea yet?
These little tea towels are SEW cute and easy to create, and they would make a lovely gift for a special friend or family member. I used our “Joy of Giving” elf applique to add a whimiscal touch to the towel.
Giveaway time! Congratulations to Patti S, winner of our giveaway!
You can purchase the “Joy of Giving” elf pattern in Ms P’s Christmas Shop!
Joy of Giving Elf
Come back tomorrow when Susan will share another fun Christmas project!